Good copywriting and advertising is memorable. That said, if that’s all it is and it fails to entice consumers to use your product, then it is memorable advertising that has failed to achieve its objective and ultimately, a waste of your advertising dollars.
Effective copywriting and advertising should be built on a solid positioning strategy that is unique to your product. It should not only stop consumers on their tracks, but persuade them to take action and buy or at least try your product or service.
Here are some tips for writing copy and creating advertising that may help you achieve the sales you desire.
- Make sure your ads (and ad copywriting) correspond to your business positioning and that it is targeted at the right audience. Your positioning should be such that it provides the benefits and uniqueness of your product or service.
- Keep your message simple and focused. (One of the keys to good copywriting!)
- Stay consistent by adhering to an ad style and copywriting message that establishes your brand with a memorable personality.
- Be credible and deliver what you promise.
- Include a call to action in your ads with clearly visible information such as a phone number, address, website and store hours.
- Make sure your ad stands out from the competition. It is a good idea to take a look around at the competition and see what works.
- Be professional in the execution of your ads. Getting professionals to create your advertising will likely save you time and money in the long run.
- Always be ethical and truthful with your information. There are laws against false and deceptive advertising. Besides, once customers discover you are not what you claim to be, the damage will likely be irreversible.
These are just a few of key principles to keep in mind when writing copy and creating advertisements. For more copywriting and marketing-related tips, keep your eye on the Singapore Freelance Copywriter blog.